Repeated elections to the new membership of the Public Council under the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection of Population of the Republic of Azerbaijan were held.
The chairman of the commission established for the organization of elections, head of the Office of the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection of Population, Ajdar Jabiyev brought to the attention that in accordance with the Law of the Republic of Azerbaijan "On Public Participation", the Public Council operating under the Ministry serves to ensure the participation of citizens and civil society institutions in the adoption of legal acts in areas of relevant activities, the organization of public control in these areas.
A.Jabiyev underlined that an election commission consisting of nine people was formed for the purpose of organizing the elections to the membership of the council in a new composition consisting of 15 members in connection with the expiry of the term of activity of the Public Council under the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection of Population in the previous composition in accordance with the legislation and announcement on holding elections was given. The candidacy of 49 people who want to become members of the Council and 184 NGO representatives to participate in the voting has been approved by the Commission. Overall, participation of 233 delegates to participate in the voting has been approved.
Only two members were elected to the Council as a result of the voting held in the manner prescribed by the relevant Regulations for the election of candidates to the Public Council during the first election on February 6, 2018.
Repeated elections held for the selection of the remaining 13 members of the Public council were held in the context of the activeness of representatives of civil society institutions. At the end of the event, the votes were calculated with the participation of commission members. As a result, 13 more candidates were elected to the council. Thus, based on the results of the voting, representatives of civil society institutions, which will comprise a new 15-member Public Council under the Ministry of Labor and Social Protection of Population, were determined.
These individuals are:
1. Rahimli Davud Said oglu (Chairman of the Union of disabled people organizations of the Republic of Azerbaijan)
2. Rizazadeh Irada Bagir gizi(Chairman of the Public Union "For Social Welfare")
3. Aliyev Mayis Nabi oglu (Chairman of the Public Association for the "Study of Social Rights ")
4. Asadov Ehtimad Savalan oglu (Chairman of "Garabagh Gazi" Public Union)
5. Hasanov Mammadhasan Murad oglu (Chairman of Public Union for solving social-economic problems of Mortar Victims, "Support to Solution of Social-Economic Problems of Mine Victims" Public Union
6. Hasanov Mirhasan Yusif oglu (Chairman of the Union of Chernobyl Disabled Persons)
7. Karimov Akif Meybulla oglu (Chairman of the Kur-Khazar Charity Public Union)
8. Guliyev Zaur Yunis oglu ( "Beylagan Youth Education and Social Development" Public Union)
9. Mehdiev Mehdi Imdad oglu (Chairman of the "Karabakh war disabled, veterans and families of martyrs" Public Union)
10. Mirzayev Umud Rahim oglu (President of the International Eurasian Press Fund)
11. Nuriyev Alimammad Mali oglu (President of "Constitution" Research Foundation)
12. Zeyni Rauf Khurshud oglu (President of the Azerbaijan National Non-governmental Organizations Forum)
13. Yusifova Shahla Sharif gizi (vice president of "Journalist Women's Association")
14. Zeynalova Mehriban Heydarali gizi ( Chairman of "Clean World" Public Union Aid to Women)
15. Salmanov Elchin Fikrat oglu (Deputy Chairman of the Association for Civil Society Development in Azerbaijan)
Heads of non-governmental organizations have expressed their willingness to determine the candidates for the membership of the new Public Council under the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection of Population and to conduct the elections on an equal, transparent and fair basis, wished success to the new staff of the Public Council.